Electric vehicles are still SHIT

Voice of REASON

Aug 10, 2023, 9:23:04 PM8/10/23
Man forced to ditch $115K Ford EV truck during family road trip to Chicago:
'biggest scam of modern times'

By Bradford Betz | FOXBusiness
Published August 10, 2023 7:41pm EDT

A Canadian man is calling electric vehicles the "biggest scam of modern
times" after his frustrating experience with an electric truck.

Dalbir Bala, who lives in the Winnipeg area, bought a Ford F150 Lightning EV
in January for $115,000, plus tax. He told FOX Business he needed the
vehicle for his work, but also wanted something suitable for recreational
activities such as driving to his cabin or going fishing. He also wanted an
environmentally friendly vehicle as owning one is "responsible citizenship
these days."

But Bala was quickly hit with the reality of owning and operating an EV soon
after the purchase. The vehicle compelled him to install two charges - one
at work and one at home - for $10,000. To accommodate the charger, he had to
upgrade his home's electric panel for $6,000.

In all, Bala spent more than $130,000 - plus tax.

Not long after the purchase, Bala got into a minor accident which, he said,
required "light assembly" on the front bumper. Bala took the vehicle to the
body shop and did not get it back for six months. He said no one from Ford
answered his email or phone calls for help.

The limitations of the EV truck became even more apparent when Bala embarked
on a chaotic 1,400-mile road trip to Chicago.

Fast charging stations - which only charge EV's up to 90% - cost more than
gas for the same mileage. On the family's first stop in Fargo, North Dakota,
it took two hours and $56 to charge his vehicle from 10% to 90%. The charge
was good for another 215 miles.

On the second stop, in Albertville, Minnesota, the free charger was faulty
and the phone number on the charging station was of no help, he said. The
family drove to another charging station in Elk River, Minnesota, but the
charger was faulty there as well.

"This sheer helplessness was mind-boggling," Bala wrote in an online post.
"My kids and wife were really worried and stressed at this point."

There were no other fast charging stations within range of Elk River and his
vehicle only had 12 miles left.

"By now it was late afternoon. We were really stuck, hungry, and
heartbroken," Bala said.

Bala ultimately had the vehicle towed to a Ford dealership in Elk River and
rented a regular gas vehicle to complete the family's trip to Chicago. The
family picked up the F150 on their way back to Winnipeg.

"It was in [the] shop for 6 months. I can't take it to my lake cabin. I
cannot take it for off-grid camping. I cannot take for even a road trip,"
Bala wrote. "I can only drive in city - biggest scam of modern times."

Bala told FOX Business he believes the government needs to do more to
"provide consumers with the right information."

"People have to make the right choices. I want to tell everybody to read my
story," he said. "Do your research before even thinking about it and make a
wiser choice."

"The actual thing they promised is not even close. Not even 50%. And once
you buy it, you're stuck with it and you have to carry huge losses to get
rid of that. And nobody is there to help you."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/man-forced-ditch-115k-ford-ev-truck-family-road-trip-chicago-biggest-scam-modern-times

Roman

Aug 10, 2023, 10:41:18 PM8/10/23
Voice of REASON <rea...@anon.net> wrote in
I have a trendy neighbor who bought a Ford F150 EV for work. He's not too
happy with it. He is a general contractor and sometimes runs bags of
sand, rock, cement to project sites. His biggest complaint is the lack of
guts getting up hills loaded, and he's on his second set of brakes from
the extra vehicle weight.

Scout

Aug 11, 2023, 9:21:10 AM8/11/23

"Roman" <no...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
Not surprising... given unloaded he's probably has more weight than the ICE
pickup does fully loaded.

Unum

Aug 11, 2023, 10:44:22 AM8/11/23
On 8/10/2023 8:22 PM, Voice of REASON wrote:
> By Bradford Betz | FOXBusiness

This lets you know the article is bullshit.

> after the purchase. The vehicle compelled him to install two charges - one
> at work and one at home - for $10,000. To accommodate the charger, he had to
> upgrade his home's electric panel for $6,000.

You can buy a fast charger on Amazon for $200 that will let you set the
charge rate to match your panel.

https://www.amazon.com/GODIAG-14-50-Level-Charger-Portable/dp/B0C2CB6VMK

Governor Swill

Aug 12, 2023, 9:04:54 AM8/12/23
On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 02:41:16 -0000 (UTC), Roman <no...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>I have a trendy neighbor who bought a Ford F150 EV for work. He's not too
>happy with it. He is a general contractor and sometimes runs bags of
>sand, rock, cement to project sites. His biggest complaint is the lack of
>guts getting up hills loaded, and he's on his second set of brakes from
>the extra vehicle weight.

A six cylinder truck will have the same problem.

A rancher's Rivian truck first 10,000 mile review of it. He has some problems with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr5x62MyAUg

Swill
--
What has your question to do with the subject? - David Hartung

GO TRUMP!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Bodger

Aug 15, 2023, 9:20:23 AM8/15/23
It does no good to present evidence to rebut rage. It will always be
ignored or explained away.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Aug 15, 2023, 9:34:57 AM8/15/23
[Default] Voice of REASON <rea...@anon.net> typed:

>Man forced to ditch $115K Ford EV truck during family road trip to Chicago:
>'biggest scam of modern times'

You're a fucking idiot if you buy an electric vehicle to make long
trips in. Period.

It's the equivalent of driving across country in 1915.

They're good for driving in town and short commutes.

>Bala told FOX Business he believes the government needs to do more to
>"provide consumers with the right information."

No, you stupid fuck. You need to read and understand the information
that is provided. Quit asking the government to hold your hand.

Unum

Aug 15, 2023, 7:24:27 PM8/15/23
It was deliberate misinformation from an obvious liar. Merely pointing
that out.

Voice of REASON

Aug 15, 2023, 9:15:25 PM8/15/23
Cheap Chinese shit. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Unum

Aug 16, 2023, 12:32:49 AM8/16/23
Its the cheapest charger on Amazon. There are dozens under $500.

So they don't cost $5,000 apiece after all, lieboy?

News

Aug 16, 2023, 9:56:53 AM8/16/23
Why not guestimate the cost of permitting, main panel expansion, 240V
50A home runs, outdoor panels, terminals, local, fire underwriters and
UL close-out inspections, and time to completion?

Easily $10K and four to six months, here, for only the home facilities.
Now do the office.

JAB

Aug 16, 2023, 12:53:00 PM8/16/23
On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 09:56:51 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:

>Why not guestimate the cost of permitting, main panel expansion, 240V
>50A home runs, outdoor panels, terminals, local, fire underwriters and
>UL close-out inspections, and time to completion?

Siemens' new home EV charger adapter ends need for electrical panel
upgrades
https://electrek.co/2022/07/27/siemens-home-ev-charger-adapter/

Cheap, Simple, At-Home EV Charging for the Masses
https://gearjunkie.com/motors/cheap-simple-home-ev-charging

>Easily $10K

Bullshit....

Scout

Aug 16, 2023, 12:57:14 PM8/16/23

"News" <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote in message
And when they won't let you run your AC.. how do you expect to charge your
car?

News

Aug 16, 2023, 1:30:53 PM8/16/23
That's some tasty stuff! Like some crow with it?

> 'In theory, you can buy the ConnectDER collar today in certain areas, but you probably can’t install it yourself. Unfortunately, the product has to be approved for use on a state-by-state basis, and it can even differ for individual electric utilities. You’ll probably still need a licensed electrician to install it.'

Now do the office --'in theory.'

Good luck with the landlord and utility providers.

Eat it, asswipe.

JAB

Aug 16, 2023, 1:58:25 PM8/16/23
On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 13:30:51 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:

>Like some crow with it?
>
>> 'In theory, you can buy the ConnectDER collar today in certain areas,
>but you probably can't install it yourself. Unfortunately, the product
>has to be approved for use on a state-by-state basis, and it can even
>differ for individual electric utilities.
>You'll probably still need a licensed electrician to install it.'

No Crow here....with these "smart electric meters," if a person
removes it, the electric utility will know, and in my area, give you a
$500.00 "ticket." Utility company must be informed first.

Installation takes less than an hour, and estimated cost around
$500.00 total for a basic install.

With electrical equipment, usually the State/City/Utility determines
what they approve of for usage. Product is new, and has been used in
Solar industry....they are upgrading their plant to produce them for
EV industry.

Coming Soon....

JAB

Aug 16, 2023, 1:59:17 PM8/16/23
On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 13:30:51 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:

>Good luck with the landlord

I am the landlord....renter ask for one, and when its available, it
will be installed.

Unum

Aug 16, 2023, 2:25:40 PM8/16/23
Fortunately you don't have to do any of that, because the chargers can be
set to draw however much current your existing panel can supply. You didn't
bother to even look at them.

> Easily $10K and four to six months, here, for only the home facilities. Now do
> the office.

Utter bullshit.

News

Aug 16, 2023, 2:30:17 PM8/16/23
'when it's available', if ever

At the article's hoped-for price point of $1500 -- plus utility fine,
plus local permit, plus licensed electrician, plus local/UL/fire
inspections, plus fire insurance

Or will it be a DIY shade-tree job?

You'll be charging on your lawn, near the meter, right?

Good luck, sparky!

LMAO.

News

Aug 16, 2023, 2:55:04 PM8/16/23
'when it's available', if ever

At the article's hoped-for price point of $1500 -- plus utility fine,
plus local permit, plus licensed electrician, plus local/UL/fire
inspections, plus fire insurance

Or will it be another DIY shade-tree job? Probably!

Facilitating charging near the meter, right? Snaking HV cables all over?

Good luck, sparky!

LMAO.

Governor Swill

Aug 16, 2023, 3:48:06 PM8/16/23
The twenty tanks of gas you won't have to buy will pay for it.

Swill
--
"The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller,
richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that

GO RFK! https://www.kennedy24.com/?locale=en

News

Aug 16, 2023, 3:59:55 PM8/16/23
On 8/16/2023 3:47 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 14:55:02 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:

>>> I am the landlord....renter ask for one, and when its available, it
>>> will be installed.
>>>

>> 'when it's available', if ever
>>
>> At the article's hoped-for price point of $1500 -- plus utility fine,
>> plus local permit, plus licensed electrician, plus local/UL/fire
>> inspections, plus fire insurance
>>
>> Or will it be another DIY shade-tree job? Probably!
>>
>> Facilitating charging near the meter, right? Snaking HV cables all over?
>>
>> Good luck, sparky!
>>
>> LMAO.
>
> The twenty tanks of gas you won't have to buy will pay for it.
>
> Swill

No CAPEX, 125 tank fills, 50,000 driving miles, for the installation.

Your charge kilowatts are 'free' or subsidized, right, sparky?

Remarkable how EV 'economics' are cherry-picked.

They make you feel good and 'green' though, don't they?

JAB

Aug 16, 2023, 5:04:19 PM8/16/23
On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 14:55:02 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:

>At the article's hoped-for price point of $1500

Your wet behind the ears....$500.00

Btw, typical person can use 110 volt charger, and if needed, use a
commerical charger.

14,781 miles per year = 40 miles/day

News

Aug 16, 2023, 5:16:13 PM8/16/23
Sure, sparky. Go for it.

Alan

Aug 16, 2023, 5:18:02 PM8/16/23
'All mass-produced electric vehicles today include a 110-volt-compatible
(Level 1) charging unit which is able to be plugged into any standard
110v household outlet. The downside of EV charging with a 110v outlet is
that it takes a while. Level 1 charging provides approximately four to
five miles of range per hour charged. For an eight-hour overnight
charge, this will enable traveling around 36 to 40 miles which is great
for people who drive less than 50 miles (80 km) a day. '

<https://www.energy.gov/energysaver/articles/ev-charging-home>

badgolferman

Aug 16, 2023, 5:20:39 PM8/16/23
Makes one wonder how the power grid will support the added demand of every
home and office having EV chargers with the current infrastructure which
can barely keep up right now. It’s not like more nuclear power stations
are getting built. Is solar power going to provide all the extra power
needed for charging private and commercial EVs? How expensive will
electricity become when natural gas and oil become outlawed?

Alan

Aug 16, 2023, 5:25:55 PM8/16/23
On 2023-08-16 14:16, News wrote:
And if you need more:

<https://www.caranddriver.com/shopping-advice/a39917614/best-home-ev-chargers-tested/>

Level 2 chargers there from $400.

<https://shop.emporiaenergy.com/collections/ev-chargers/products/smart-home-ev-charger-ul-listed>

Up to 40A charging on just a 220/240V plug.

News

Aug 16, 2023, 5:39:13 PM8/16/23
Sure, stick your fingers in your DIY socket. Good luck.

Costs of cherry-picked 'cheap' charger, plus local permits, plus
licensed electrician for 240V sub-panel, conduit and termination panel,
240V home runs, plus local/UL/fire inspections, plus fire insurance,
over a period of months.

Or will it be a DIY shade-tree job, sparky?

Did you sell your 'extra' F1 tickets yet? Get on it, or eat them, too.

Alan

Aug 16, 2023, 5:47:43 PM8/16/23
On 2023-08-16 14:39, News wrote:
> On 8/16/2023 5:25 PM, Alan wrote:

>>> Sure, sparky. Go for it.
>>
>> And if you need more:
>>
>> <https://www.caranddriver.com/shopping-advice/a39917614/best-home-ev-chargers-tested/>
>>
>> Level 2 chargers there from $400.
>>
>> <https://shop.emporiaenergy.com/collections/ev-chargers/products/smart-home-ev-charger-ul-listed>
>>
>> Up to 40A charging on just a 220/240V plug.
>

> Sure, stick your fingers in your DIY socket. Good luck.

Who said anything about "DIY"?

> Costs of cherry-picked 'cheap' charger, plus local permits, plus
> licensed electrician for 240V sub-panel, conduit and termination panel,
> 240V home runs, plus local/UL/fire inspections, plus fire insurance,
> over a period of months.

I licensed electrician to install a standard 240/220 wall jack...

...just like they install for electric stoves and dryers.

<https://plumblineservices.com/help-guides/how-much-does-it-cost-to-install-a-220v-outlet-for-my-electric-dryer>

Why do you imagine you automatically have additional costs for all of those?

> Or will it be a DIY shade-tree job, sparky?

If it came to it, I could do it and do it right.

:-)

> Did you sell your 'extra' F1 tickets yet? Get on it, or eat them, too.

They weren't my tickets, Sunshine.

JAB

Aug 16, 2023, 8:11:38 PM8/16/23
On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 17:39:11 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:

>Costs of cherry-picked 'cheap' charger, plus local permits,

One needs to do more research on this topic.

Sure, there will always be people who will spend much more than other
for a home EV charger setup.

I live in a rural location with no codes, and here, just the cost of
an electrical box, weather proof outlet, and some wiring. Maybe in the
low $100.00 range, or less. I've got 200amp service...no issue here.

Others might spend in $6k range to upgrade their electrical panel,
etc.

But, with Siemens' new home EV charger coming soon, this will greatly
reduce installation cost for those who can use it.

JAB

Aug 16, 2023, 8:13:25 PM8/16/23
On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 21:20:37 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Makes one wonder how the power grid will support the added demand of every
>home and office having EV chargers with the current infrastructure which
>can barely keep up right now.

Why lasers could help make the electric grid greener

Sensors can help utilities get real-time data on their power lines,
which can allow them to send more renewable electricity through the
wires. This tech is part of a suite of innovations that could help the
U.S. increase its grid capacity faster and cheaper than building new
transmission lines.
With this tech, called "dynamic line rating", utilities are able to
increase the efficiency of their lines - sometimes as much as 40%,
says Gentle.

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/13/1187620367/power-grid-enhancing-technologies-climate-change

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 4:19:54 AM8/17/23
On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 15:59:51 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:

>On 8/16/2023 3:47 PM, Governor Swill wrote:

>>> 'when it's available', if ever
>>>
>>> At the article's hoped-for price point of $1500 -- plus utility fine,
>>> plus local permit, plus licensed electrician, plus local/UL/fire
>>> inspections, plus fire insurance
>>>
>>> Or will it be another DIY shade-tree job? Probably!
>>>
>>> Facilitating charging near the meter, right? Snaking HV cables all over?
>>>
>>> Good luck, sparky!
>>>
>>> LMAO.
>>
>> The twenty tanks of gas you won't have to buy will pay for it.
>>
>> Swill
>

>No CAPEX, 125 tank fills, 50,000 driving miles, for the installation.

Where you finding gasoline for sixty cents a gallon?

>Your charge kilowatts are 'free' or subsidized, right, sparky?
>
>Remarkable how EV 'economics' are cherry-picked.
>
>They make you feel good and 'green' though, don't they?

A Rivian, including charger and electricity costs goes green after 30k. With solar
charging, at 25k. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr5x62MyAUg>

Swill
--
Sometimes interviewing a politician is like that awkward moment
when a zombie looking for brains walks right past you.

GO TRUMP! Go farther! Farther! I can still hear you!

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 4:37:21 AM8/17/23
Because he has a lot of Exxon stock.

Scout

Aug 17, 2023, 8:36:31 AM8/17/23

"JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote in message
Problem. You need permission of the utility company to install, you now have
an unsightly conduit running around the exterior of the home and it
prohibits you from installing a meter base that allows to hook up emergency
power via the same means.

In short, it's fix of a sort, but with massive shortcomings that still
doesn't address the issues of where this power is going to come from
particularly in times of excessive demand.

It's a workaround for the inherent problems and limits of EV that doesn't
really address the fundamental issues.

Scout

Aug 17, 2023, 10:31:52 AM8/17/23

"News" <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote in message
Then you still have to figure out how to run this exposed conduit to where
the charger will actually be.. that's going to be at least $1K and more if
you want to 'hide' it. Yea, having an ugly electrical conduit runs over your
siding is going to look so good. Plus it creates a whole news additional
expense each time you have to do anything with the siding in that area. The
best part is now the electric company can decide when and if you can charge.
Might wake up in the morning and find you still have 2% charge. I wonder if
your boss will understand?

Scout

Aug 17, 2023, 10:31:52 AM8/17/23

"JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote in message
Which does nothing to change the fact that the supply isn't there.

Scout

Aug 17, 2023, 10:31:53 AM8/17/23

"JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote in message
Great.. and if your are one the 50% who drive more than that, I guess you're
just shit outta luck...

I understand the CEO of ford just tried taking one of their new EV Trucks on
a trip.. and had a very rude awakening as to the reality and limitations of
driving an EV... let's just say, he was very unhappy with their product.

Scout

Aug 17, 2023, 10:31:54 AM8/17/23

"Alan" <nuh...@nope.com> wrote in message
Sure, $10,000 later we've got that installed.

Of course if you rent or live in a condo that's not even an option...

Scout

Aug 17, 2023, 10:31:55 AM8/17/23

> On 2023-08-16 14:39, News wrote:

>>> And if you need more:
>>>
>>> <https://www.caranddriver.com/shopping-advice/a39917614/best-home-ev-chargers-tested/>
>>>
>>> Level 2 chargers there from $400.
>>>
>>> <https://shop.emporiaenergy.com/collections/ev-chargers/products/smart-home-ev-charger-ul-listed>
>>>
>>> Up to 40A charging on just a 220/240V plug.
>>

>> Sure, stick your fingers in your DIY socket. Good luck.
>
> Who said anything about "DIY"?
>

>> Costs of cherry-picked 'cheap' charger, plus local permits, plus licensed
>> electrician for 240V sub-panel, conduit and termination panel, 240V home
>> runs, plus local/UL/fire inspections, plus fire insurance, over a period
>> of months.
>
> I licensed electrician to install a standard 240/220 wall jack...
>
> ...just like they install for electric stoves and dryers.

Which are done when the home is under construction..

Far different issue when you're starting with a completed and OCCUPIED home.

News

Aug 17, 2023, 10:48:19 AM8/17/23
Some people will believe anything. Keep drinking that swill.

News

Aug 17, 2023, 10:48:59 AM8/17/23
IOW, you're an apt cherry-picker. Good for you, and god luck.

Most in the charger market are not, and/or cannot be, whether
practically, or by regulation.

Don't suggest otherwise.

News

Aug 17, 2023, 10:50:32 AM8/17/23
Next up, 'wace dwiber' is a constitutional law expert.

FOAD or EASD, your choice of demise.

News

Aug 17, 2023, 10:54:51 AM8/17/23
Electricity supply and distribution rates are already increasing.

Wait for even higher VC-backed and flipped 'alternative energy' sources
and interconnect costs to kick in.

The market will be begging for more 'traditional' nuclear plants

News

Aug 17, 2023, 11:17:35 AM8/17/23
EXACTLY. There is no free lunch there.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 11:58:54 AM8/17/23
On 2023-08-17 06:50, Scout wrote:

> "JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 14:55:02 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:
>>
>>> At the article's hoped-for price point of $1500
>>
>> Your wet behind the ears....$500.00
>>
>> Btw, typical person can use 110 volt charger, and if needed, use a
>> commerical charger.
>>
>> 14,781 miles per year = 40 miles/day
>
> Great.. and if your are one the 50% who drive more than that, I guess
> you're just shit outta luck...

Or you use a plug-in 240/220 charger after having an electrician install
one...

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 11:59:41 AM8/17/23
LOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL!

$10,000?

To have the same plug you'd use for an electric stove installed?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 12:00:13 PM8/17/23
Different... ...not "far" different.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 12:00:51 PM8/17/23
LOL

You are a quite the big man in your mind, aren't you?

:-)

News

Aug 17, 2023, 12:12:57 PM8/17/23
Sure, install the terminal and interconnect and home run AFTER THE FACT
and charge in your kitchen, right, MORON.

Who cooks with electricity anyway, except you, DOLT.

News

Aug 17, 2023, 12:14:02 PM8/17/23
And you are quite the 'wace dwiber', duffer, and amateur electrical
contractor in yours, IDIOT.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 12:17:40 PM8/17/23
On 2023-08-17 09:12, News wrote:
You get that the same TYPE of outlet can be installed anywhere in a
home, right?

> Who cooks with electricity anyway, except you, DOLT.

How is this even relevant?

LOL

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 12:19:09 PM8/17/23
Simple face, Sunshine.

I'm not just a road racing driver. The very best drivers in our club
(the oldest road racing club in Canada) voted me good enough to be an
instructor.

So I could literally school you...

...if you weren't so very unpleasant.

News

Aug 17, 2023, 1:18:14 PM8/17/23
That would be the day, OAF.

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 1:18:27 PM8/17/23
On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 12:23:38 -0500, "Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net>
wrote:

>"JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 09:56:51 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:
>>
>>>Why not guestimate the cost of permitting, main panel expansion, 240V
>>>50A home runs, outdoor panels, terminals, local, fire underwriters and
>>>UL close-out inspections, and time to completion?
>>
>> Siemens' new home EV charger adapter ends need for electrical panel
>> upgrades
>> https://electrek.co/2022/07/27/siemens-home-ev-charger-adapter/
>>
>> Cheap, Simple, At-Home EV Charging for the Masses
>> https://gearjunkie.com/motors/cheap-simple-home-ev-charging
>
>Problem. You need permission of the utility company to install, you now have
>an unsightly conduit running around the exterior of the home and it
>prohibits you from installing a meter base that allows to hook up emergency
>power via the same means.

My power connection is on the side of the house, next to the driveway about three feet
short of the carport.

>In short, it's fix of a sort, but with massive shortcomings that still
>doesn't address the issues of where this power is going to come from
>particularly in times of excessive demand.
>
>It's a workaround for the inherent problems and limits of EV that doesn't
>really address the fundamental issues.

'The problem is, the nearest gasoline filling station is fifty miles from my work. That's
almost half a tank just to get there and back. My wife almost threw me out of the house
when I suggested getting one of those big hundred gallon tanks out back that we could
refill from a delivery tanker. I'm not sure I'm a handy enough guy to do the repairs
anyway and all those tools are a MAJOR investment.'

Swill
--
"It bears repeating. Trumpers don't understand what happens when you
insult and degrade people. They don't take it well."

"Insulting and degrading people? No, not a crime but that doesn't
mean you won't have any consequences to deal with."

Swilly 8/16/2023

GO TRUMP! Go farther! Farther! I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

News

Aug 17, 2023, 1:18:43 PM8/17/23
Your hypotheticals, DULLARD.

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 1:20:20 PM8/17/23
On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 08:45:53 -0500, "Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net>
wrote:

>Then you still have to figure out how to run this exposed conduit to where
>the charger will actually be.. that's going to be at least $1K

I doubt it's going to cost that much to run not more than fifteen feet of conduit to my
carport. I just have to run it next to the conduit for the CATV about six inches deep.

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 1:33:47 PM8/17/23
On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 10:54:49 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:

>The market will be begging for more 'traditional' nuclear plants

Molten salt is the way to go.

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 1:35:11 PM8/17/23
On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 08:48:02 -0500, "Scout" wrote:
>"JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote
>> On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 21:20:37 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:
>>>Makes one wonder how the power grid will support the added demand of every
>>>home and office having EV chargers with the current infrastructure which
>>>can barely keep up right now.
>>
>> Why lasers could help make the electric grid greener
>>
>> Sensors can help utilities get real-time data on their power lines,
>> which can allow them to send more renewable electricity through the
>> wires. This tech is part of a suite of innovations that could help the
>> U.S. increase its grid capacity faster and cheaper than building new
>> transmission lines.
>> With this tech, called "dynamic line rating", utilities are able to
>> increase the efficiency of their lines - sometimes as much as 40%,
>> says Gentle.
>>
>> https://www.npr.org/2023/08/13/1187620367/power-grid-enhancing-technologies-climate-change
>
>Which does nothing to change the fact that the supply isn't there.

Sure it is. There's plenty there. You just don't want to believe it because EVs cut down
the value of your oil stock.

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 1:45:06 PM8/17/23
On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 15:59:51 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:

>No CAPEX, 125 tank fills, 50,000 driving miles, for the installation.

I just did a bit of math. 50,000 miles divided by 125 tanks of gas comes to

. . . a 400 mile tank. That's about twenty gallons each so about twenty mpg. 125 20 G
tanks is 2,500 gallons. 2,500 gallons for 50,000 miles is about twenty mpg.

So, 2,500 gallons times 3.50 a gallon (about what it is here) is $8,750 in gas costs.

Even if you drop a couple or three grand on a charging station, you're still not going to
spend anywhere *near* that much on electricity. If you typically put more than 200 mi on
your vehicle every day, you probably *shouldn't* go EV yet.

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 1:46:06 PM8/17/23
>Some people will believe anything. Keep drinking that swill.

I provided an accurate cite.

Lick my ass.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 1:48:14 PM8/17/23
Second fastest driver in my class around Mission Raceway, Sunshine. And
that includes against a former SCCA Runoffs champion.

:-)

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 1:49:13 PM8/17/23
On 2023-08-17 10:18, News wrote:
No. Simple facts.

Running a 220/240 outlet is a simple electrical job.

You're the one with all the idiotic hypothetical charges.

:-)

News

Aug 17, 2023, 1:50:59 PM8/17/23
Slowest of two, Great job, sunshine.

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 1:51:17 PM8/17/23
On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 08:59:31 -0500, "Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net>
wrote:
I don't see why that's a problem. My dad installed an electric dryer and a drainage
system for the washer separate from the septic for this house. He dug the drain field
himself. Cut and sealed the hole for the drain pipe. Neighbor next door is an
electrician and since the box was in the same room as the dryer, installing the 240 was a
snap. he also ran a new circuit to the back porch which was subsequently enclosed to
become a family and dining room.

News

Aug 17, 2023, 1:51:31 PM8/17/23
Lick your fingers, asshole.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 1:52:02 PM8/17/23
LOL!

Riiiiiiiiight. There've only ever been two Formula Fords (now officially
"Formula F") to ever drive at Mission!

LOL!

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 1:52:48 PM8/17/23
LOL!

You're so owned by me, it's HILARIOUS.

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 1:55:15 PM8/17/23
On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 09:00:11 -0700, Alan <nuh...@nope.com> wrote:

>On 2023-08-17 06:59, Scout wrote:
>>

>> "Alan" <nuh...@nope.com> wrote
>>> I licensed electrician to install a standard 240/220 wall jack...
>>>
>>> ...just like they install for electric stoves and dryers.
>>
>> Which are done when the home is under construction..
>>
>> Far different issue when you're starting with a completed and OCCUPIED
>> home.
>
>Different... ...not "far" different.

The CATV in the house died and a new line had to be run around the house to a new wall.

The ditch was about two inches wide and six deep for the conduit. Ran in a loop around
the house, dodged the porch and went through the dining room wall where the wireless is.
They didn't charge us. Cute guy. I might have offered to "pay" him but I had out of town
guests there at the time.

sms

Aug 17, 2023, 1:56:19 PM8/17/23
On 8/16/2023 2:20 PM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> Makes one wonder how the power grid will support the added demand of every
> home and office having EV chargers with the current infrastructure which
> can barely keep up right now. It’s not like more nuclear power stations
> are getting built. Is solar power going to provide all the extra power
> needed for charging private and commercial EVs? How expensive will
> electricity become when natural gas and oil become outlawed?

The present infrastructure is not what will be in place once most of the
country's vehicles are electric, or at least plug-in hybrid. We're
talking at least twenty years before no more gasoline or diesel vehicles
are available.

Solar _will_ be a major contributor to EV charging, when combined with
an ESS in the home. The recent changes to NEM now make an ESS in the
home more financially attractive.

I recently was in a meeting about a new condominium project that will
soon be built in my city and they will have sufficient electric capacity
to charge 100% of residents' vehicles, just not all at the same time.
The system will automatically distribute power to the charging stations
to sequence the charging overnight.

The bigger issue is large apartment or condo complexes that lack
off-street parking. California is moving backwards in this regard by
allowing developers to not have to include sufficient parking.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 1:58:07 PM8/17/23
Have you discussed these feelings of insecurity with your counselor?

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 2:00:55 PM8/17/23
On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 08:57:58 -0500, "Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net>
wrote:

>"Alan" <nuh...@nope.com> wrote in message

>>> Sure, sparky. Go for it.
>>
>> And if you need more:
>>
>> <https://www.caranddriver.com/shopping-advice/a39917614/best-home-ev-chargers-tested/>
>>
>> Level 2 chargers there from $400.
>>
>> <https://shop.emporiaenergy.com/collections/ev-chargers/products/smart-home-ev-charger-ul-listed>
>>
>> Up to 40A charging on just a 220/240V plug.
>
>Sure, $10,000 later we've got that installed.
>
>Of course if you rent or live in a condo that's not even an option...

Then don't get an EV.

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 2:17:28 PM8/17/23
On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 08:50:26 -0500, "Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net>
wrote:

>"JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 14:55:02 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:
>>
>>>At the article's hoped-for price point of $1500
>>
>> Your wet behind the ears....$500.00
>>
>> Btw, typical person can use 110 volt charger, and if needed, use a
>> commerical charger.
>>
>> 14,781 miles per year = 40 miles/day
>
>Great.. and if your are one the 50% who drive more than that, I guess you're
>just shit outta luck...

Cite that statistic since I already know it's bullshit.

>I understand the CEO of ford just tried taking one of their new EV Trucks on
>a trip.. and had a very rude awakening as to the reality and limitations of
>driving an EV... let's just say, he was very unhappy with their product.

"3 things I HATE about my Rivian R1T after 10,000 miles"
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr5x62MyAUg&t=403s>

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 2:22:21 PM8/17/23
On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 08:58:49 -0700, Alan <nuh...@nope.com> wrote:

>On 2023-08-17 06:50, Scout wrote:
>>

>> "JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Your wet behind the ears....$500.00
>>>
>>> Btw, typical person can use 110 volt charger, and if needed, use a
>>> commerical charger.
>>>
>>> 14,781 miles per year = 40 miles/day
>>
>> Great.. and if your are one the 50% who drive more than that, I guess
>> you're just shit outta luck...
>
>Or you use a plug-in 240/220 charger after having an electrician install
>one...

Doesn't even have to go through your panel. Have the electrician connect between your
meter and the wall, run conduit to wherever (save time and money - pre dig the conduit
ditch), install a home dryer/stove 220. As long as it's protected from rain, all is good.

David Hartung

Aug 17, 2023, 2:31:14 PM8/17/23
On 8/17/23 13:22, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 08:58:49 -0700, Alan <nuh...@nope.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-08-17 06:50, Scout wrote:
>>>

>>> "JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Great.. and if your are one the 50% who drive more than that, I guess
>>> you're just shit outta luck...
>>
>> Or you use a plug-in 240/220 charger after having an electrician install
>> one...
>
> Doesn't even have to go through your panel. Have the electrician connect between your
> meter and the wall, run conduit to wherever (save time and money - pre dig the conduit
> ditch), install a home dryer/stove 220. As long as it's protected from rain, all is good.

Would that meet NEC requirements?

Scout

Aug 17, 2023, 2:40:12 PM8/17/23

> On 2023-08-17 06:50, Scout wrote:
>>

>> "JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Your wet behind the ears....$500.00
>>>
>>> Btw, typical person can use 110 volt charger, and if needed, use a
>>> commerical charger.
>>>
>>> 14,781 miles per year = 40 miles/day
>>
>> Great.. and if your are one the 50% who drive more than that, I guess
>> you're just shit outta luck...
>
> Or you use a plug-in 240/220 charger after having an electrician install
> one...

Great.. and if you don't don't have the money or the permission to do so.. I
guess you're just SOL.

That is even assuming you have a garage to install one in. Yea, I want to
see how well that charger works when you install it for your on-street
parking and someone starts using YOUR power to charge THEIR car, or simply
blocks you from parking there.

>> I understand the CEO of ford just tried taking one of their new EV Trucks
>> on a trip.. and had a very rude awakening as to the reality and
>> limitations of driving an EV... let's just say, he was very unhappy with
>> their product.

<crickets>

Scout

Aug 17, 2023, 2:40:14 PM8/17/23

> On 2023-08-17 06:57, Scout wrote:
>>

>> "Alan" <nuh...@nope.com> wrote in message

>>> And if you need more:
>>>
>>> <https://www.caranddriver.com/shopping-advice/a39917614/best-home-ev-chargers-tested/>
>>>
>>> Level 2 chargers there from $400.
>>>
>>> <https://shop.emporiaenergy.com/collections/ev-chargers/products/smart-home-ev-charger-ul-listed>
>>>
>>> Up to 40A charging on just a 220/240V plug.
>>
>> Sure, $10,000 later we've got that installed.
>
> LOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL!
>
> $10,000?
>
> To have the same plug you'd use for an electric stove installed?
>
> LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Great, I'm sure your wife will be just thrilled as you move those range out
into the middle of the floor so you can unhook it to hook in the cable going
to your charger and then run that cable through the house, and let's not
forget you will be unable to close the door or window you're going to feed
that cable through. Then in the morning, you get to get up early and put it
all back, or it's going to be a cold breakfast because the range isn't
hooked up.

Any other stupidity you would like to display?

Scout

Aug 17, 2023, 2:40:14 PM8/17/23

> On 2023-08-17 09:12, News wrote:

>>> LOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL!
>>>
>>> $10,000?
>>>
>>> To have the same plug you'd use for an electric stove installed?
>>>
>>> LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
>>>

>> Sure, install the terminal and interconnect and home run AFTER THE FACT
>> and charge in your kitchen, right, MORON.
>
> You get that the same TYPE of outlet can be installed anywhere in a home,
> right?

Sure, and all you need is deep enough pockets.

Well Alan your 150Amp panel wont support this load given your current
electrical system, so we're going to have to upgrade to a 200-225 Amp panel,
then we have to update all the wiring to current code as required by the
electrical code
Next we will need to tear down parts of your walls to run the cable, and
correct the wiring as necessary. and then install a subpanel and the
associated wiring for the charger. We need zoning approval, the house can
not be occupied between when the work starts as that would be illegal with
no electrical power and then the government inspectors have to approve the
work and the power company finally returns to restore power once they get
all the necessary documents and certifications. So you will have to find
somewhere else to stay for about 1-2 weeks, but it could be as much as 3
weeks and initial estimate will be $12K-$20K for job. But we can't even
touch the job until you get a permit and authorization to have this work
performed, and perform a full electrical audit to determine the full scope
of work to be performed which will cost $1,200. At last check the permit
department has a 4-6 week back log... What? You already sold your old car,
and you need the charger installed this weekend? Ever consider getting a
bicycle?

I love these people who think they can just slap in a high demand appliance
and it will be quick, easy, and cheap to do.

>> Who cooks with electricity anyway, except you, DOLT.
>
> How is this even relevant?

If you don't have an electric stove.. then you don't have the high capacity
plug there to use.... even if you could.

Scout

Aug 17, 2023, 2:40:16 PM8/17/23

> On 8/17/2023 4:19 AM, Governor Swill wrote:

>> Swill
>
> Some people will believe anything. Keep drinking that swill.

Hell even if the electricity and charging were free.. you still would not
have recovered the extra cost over those 25K miles.

Then there are high finance charges, insurance costs, You're already looking
at your 2nd set of tires at 3 times the cost of standard.

Scout

Aug 17, 2023, 2:40:23 PM8/17/23

> On 2023-08-17 06:59, Scout wrote:
>>

>> "Alan" <nuh...@nope.com> wrote in message

>>> Who said anything about "DIY"?

>>> I licensed electrician to install a standard 240/220 wall jack...
>>>
>>> ...just like they install for electric stoves and dryers.
>>
>> Which are done when the home is under construction..
>>
>> Far different issue when you're starting with a completed and OCCUPIED
>> home.
>
> Different... ...not "far" different.

Really? No carpet? No occupants? No need worry about dust, dirt or noise? No
need to worry about getting the place dirty while doing the job? No issues
with drywall, because there is none installed yet? How about repainting? And
if the job takes an extra 3 days.. you don't have people screaming about how
they can't stay at the hotel anymore because the rooms in the area are all
booked for the big event this weekend and you will have no place to stay?

Yea, none of those would EVER be a factor.. right?

Nevermind shutting off the power for days on end.

News

Aug 17, 2023, 2:40:43 PM8/17/23
NOPE.

News

Aug 17, 2023, 2:41:48 PM8/17/23
On 8/17/2023 1:58 PM, Governor Swill wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 12:13:59 -0400, News <Ne...@Group.Name> wrote:

>>> LOL
>>>
>>> You are a quite the big man in your mind, aren't you?
>>>
>>> :-)
>>
>> And you are quite the 'wace dwiber', duffer, and amateur electrical
>> contractor in yours, IDIOT.
>
> Have you discussed these feelings of insecurity with your counselor?
>
> Swill

Quintuple your dose and wink out, 'pal.'

News

Aug 17, 2023, 2:43:09 PM8/17/23
Only in your uncurious and damaged mind.

Scout

Aug 17, 2023, 3:06:05 PM8/17/23

"Alan" <nuh...@nope.com> wrote in message
No, it's not, when you have a finished and occupied structure.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 3:14:09 PM8/17/23
On 2023-08-17 10:27, Scout wrote:

> "Alan" <nuh...@nope.com> wrote in message
>> On 2023-08-17 06:50, Scout wrote:
>>>

>>> "JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Great.. and if your are one the 50% who drive more than that, I guess
>>> you're just shit outta luck...
>>
>> Or you use a plug-in 240/220 charger after having an electrician
>> install one...
>
> Great.. and if you don't don't have the money or the permission to do
> so.. I guess you're just SOL.

1. It's not very expensive to have a plain-old 240/220 volt outlet
installed. Sorry, but it's basic electric work.

2. Getting permission to do so isn't hard.

> That is even assuming you have a garage to install one in. Yea, I want
> to see how well that charger works when you install it for your
> on-street parking and someone starts using YOUR power to charge THEIR
> car, or simply blocks you from parking there.

I never claimed it was an answer for everyone, but it's an answer for
many people.

And you want to pretend that because it won't work for everyone, it's
useless.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 3:17:37 PM8/17/23
What makes you think that because it's the same TYPE of plug you'd use
for a stove, that I'm suggesting you use the same physcal OUTLET for
both purposes?

Now that's stupidity.

I'm pointing out that this is basic wiring that any competent
electrician can complete. It doesn't require special skills or special
permits.

'Wiring a 220/240 volt outlet for an electric clothes dryer or range [or
a Level 2 EV charger] is not really any harder than wiring a standard
outlet, but it can cost more because the electrician may need to run
conduit, reorganize circuit breakers in the main panel, or install a new
circuit breaker. The electrician will price his work according to the
length of cable that needs to be run and the amount of labor time he
anticipates.

Average costs for a journeyman electrician to install a 220/240-volt
outlet is about $300.'

<https://www.thespruce.com/electrical-project-costs-1152463>

'The cost to run electricity to a shed, garage, or shop is $10 to $25
per linear foot or $500 to $3,800 on average for 50 to 150 feet of
underground line.'

<https://homeguide.com/costs/cost-to-run-electric-to-garage-shed-or-shop>

So your numbers are bullshit.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 3:20:34 PM8/17/23
Cite, please!

> Next we will need to tear down parts of your walls to run the cable, and
> correct the wiring as necessary. and then install a subpanel and the
> associated wiring for the charger. We need zoning approval, the house
> can not be occupied between when the work starts as that would be
> illegal with no electrical power and then the government inspectors have
> to approve the work and the power company finally returns to restore
> power once they get all the necessary documents and certifications. So
> you will have to find somewhere else to stay for about 1-2 weeks, but it
> could be as much as 3 weeks and initial estimate will be $12K-$20K for
> job. But we can't even touch the job until you get a permit and
> authorization to have this work performed, and perform a full electrical
> audit to determine the full scope of work to be performed which will
> cost $1,200. At last check the permit department has a 4-6 week back
> log... What? You already sold your old car, and you need the charger
> installed this weekend? Ever consider getting a bicycle?
>
> I love these people who think they can just slap in a high demand
> appliance and it will be quick, easy, and cheap to do.

I think that you have not a single actual fact to back up that pile of
bullshit.

>>> Who cooks with electricity anyway, except you, DOLT.
>>
>> How is this even relevant?
>
> If you don't have an electric stove.. then you don't have the high
> capacity plug there to use.... even if you could.

How stupid are you to think I'm suggesting you would use THAT PARTICULAR
PLUG?

I'm suggesting that the 240/220V receptacle you need for a plug-in Level
2 EV charger is completely standard electrical work...

...because it is.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 3:23:13 PM8/17/23
No carpet on the ceiling of a basement...

...assuming that the basement even has a ceiling.

> No occupants? No need worry about dust, dirt or
> noise?

For a day or two's work? Nope.

> No need to worry about getting the place dirty while doing the
> job?

Hire professionals who clean up after themselves.

> No issues with drywall, because there is none installed yet? How
> about repainting? And if the job takes an extra 3 days.. you don't have
> people screaming about how they can't stay at the hotel anymore because
> the rooms in the area are all booked for the big event this weekend and
> you will have no place to stay?

You are utterly full of shit.

> Yea, none of those would EVER be a factor.. right?
>
> Nevermind shutting off the power for days on end.

"days on end".

Half an hour. Tops.

Do all the work back TO the panel...

...have everything done except the actual connection to the mains...

...then turn off the main breaker in the home for the actual hookup.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 3:23:40 PM8/17/23
Cite, please!

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 3:24:30 PM8/17/23
On 2023-08-17 11:22, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 08:58:49 -0700, Alan <nuh...@nope.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-08-17 06:50, Scout wrote:
>>>

>>> "JAB" <he...@is.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Great.. and if your are one the 50% who drive more than that, I guess
>>> you're just shit outta luck...
>>
>> Or you use a plug-in 240/220 charger after having an electrician install
>> one...
>
> Doesn't even have to go through your panel. Have the electrician connect between your
> meter and the wall, run conduit to wherever (save time and money - pre dig the conduit
> ditch), install a home dryer/stove 220. As long as it's protected from rain, all is good.

I think some of that would depend on local electrical codes, but perhaps.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 3:26:15 PM8/17/23
Got a cite for that?

I'm betting you can't even find the NEC.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 3:30:07 PM8/17/23
Yes, it is.

'Wiring a 220/240 volt outlet for an electric clothes dryer or range is

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 3:33:37 PM8/17/23
On 2023-08-17 11:40, News wrote:
Speaks the qualified electrician?

<snort>

News

Aug 17, 2023, 3:36:05 PM8/17/23
Local code supersedes NEC. Look that up, amateur 'licensed electrician.'

News

Aug 17, 2023, 3:37:47 PM8/17/23
Speaks the been there, done the 240V sub-panels and upgrades, consumer.

See your local code, if you can find it.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 3:38:42 PM8/17/23
The question was specifically whether it would "meet NEC requirements",
Sunshine.

You answered with absolute certainty that it would not.

And from this answer, it is plain to see that you have never once ever
seen the NEC.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 3:47:37 PM8/17/23
Speaks the guy who literally did the construction drawings for a new
home build.

:-)

> See your local code, if you can find it.

The BC Electrical Code is actually (as of October 1, 2022) the 'Canadian
Electrical Code, Part I, 25th Edition, Safety Standard for Electrical
Installations, Canadian Standards Association Standard C22.1-21'

<https://www.csagroup.org/store-resources/documents/codes-and-standards/CSA_C22.1_21_Index.pdf>

News

Aug 17, 2023, 4:32:55 PM8/17/23
Good for you, canuck. Irrelevant below the parallel. Have a nice day.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 4:48:24 PM8/17/23
You're the one who wanted to make it an issue, Sunshine...

...just like you wanted to spout off about the NEC...

...before you made it obvious that you were talking bullshit.

News

Aug 17, 2023, 4:54:59 PM8/17/23
I didn't raise the NEC issue, I raised the local code issue.

NEC isn't even relevant to Canada, as you agreed, idiot.

Alan

Aug 17, 2023, 5:08:27 PM8/17/23
I didn't say you RAISED it.

I said you spouted off about it.

Question: 'Would that meet NEC requirements?'

Your answer: "NOPE".

> NEC isn't even relevant to Canada, as you agreed, idiot.

I never said it was, Sunshine.

I was drawing...

(and I realize this is probably to advanced for you)

...an analogy.

You spouted of on NEC and when it was pointed out that you were
obviously talking bullshit, you immediately deflected.

Then you spouted off about I couldn't find my local code...

...and when I showed you you were talking more bullshit...

...you immediately deflected to "below the parallel".

Hint for you, Sunshine:

The US and Canadian electrical codes a VERY similar.

'Are Canadian codes different from those in the US?

Put simply, the answer is yes—but not too different.'

<https://blog.qrfs.com/376-u-s-vs-canada-codes-whats-different-and-when-does-nfpa-apply/>

Now... ...find your next deflection.

:-)

Governor Swill

Aug 17, 2023, 6:16:05 PM8/17/23
Ah! You caught that too, did you? Let's wait for the chickenshit to run away. He's sure
as fuck not going to cite. Never does.

Swill
--
"It bears repeating. Trumpers don't understand what happens when you
insult and degrade people. They don't take it well."

"Insulting and degrading people? No, not a crime but that doesn't
mean you won't have any consequences to deal with."

Swilly 8/16/2023

GO TRUMP! Go farther! Farther! I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.
It is loading more messages.